Gender Production Line
Α voice comes to one in the dark. Imagine. To one on his back in the dark. Αnother trait the flat tone. No life. Same flat tone at all times. For its affirmations. For its negations. For its interrogations. For its exclamations. For its imperations. Same flat tone. You were once. You were never. Were you ever? Oh never to have been! Be again. Same flat tone.
Human is the only extant member of the subtribe Hominina (Homo sapiens). It is characterized by erect posture and bipedal locomotion; open-ended and complex language use compared to other animal communications; and a general trend toward larger, more complex brains and societies.
Human is uniquely adept at using systems of symbolic communication (such as language and art).
Most aspects of human physiology are closely homologous to corresponding aspects of animal physiology.
The human brain is believed to be more “intelligent” in general than that of any other known species.
Like any other creature, human is a highly social being and tend to live in large complex social groups.
Human conforms to some kind of sexual reproduction. Human has hormones, androgen, estrogen, internal reproductive organs, external reproductive organs. Human has sex. Human has genital sex. Human has gender. Ηuman has gender identity.
Human can move voluntarily and independently.
Human cοntains muscles, nerves, α digestive system with one or two holes.
Human consumes other οrganisms in order to survive.
Human has gender role.
Human is self-defined.
Human is male.
Human is female.
creation & interpretation: Angelos Papadopoulos
video: Katerina Tsakiri
music: Rafailia ‘Raflak’ Bampasidou
National School of Dance, Athens
• April 2021 Circe Experimental Platform for Dance and Theatre, Tbilisi Georgia
• March 2021 Pulsing & Shaking Festival, New York University, U.S.A.
• September 2020 Quinzena de Danca de Almada – International Dance Festival, Portugal
• July 2020 Dance Days Chania, Greece
• May 2020 Video Art Miden Festival, Kalamata Greece
• January 2020 Athens Video Dance Project, Greece
• December 2019 lMARP – Mostra Internacional de Danca, São Paulo
• Οctober 2019 International Meeting on Videodance & Videoperformance, Valencia Spain